NavAO

Sunday, June 17, 2012

Homemade Guacamole Recipe


I absolutely LOVE guacamole! I can't get enough of it. We make it at almost every celebration here at our house. Until today, I always made guacamole using a powder mix that you can get at any supermarket. That's how I thought guacamole was made, avocado and a mix. When I went to the store and couldn't find the little guacamole mix packets, I panicked. I kid you not! How would I make my beloved guacamole. Lucky for me, I have a husband who is a chef and a foodie! He quickly whipped up the best tasting FRESH guacamole! I'll never buy a guacamole packet again! The best part is that it is healthy and I know all of the ingredients that are going into it.

Here is the recipe. We ate the guacamole with Trader Joe's Tortilla chips that were so good. Actually, the tortilla chips were delicious and healthy without any dip, the guacamole just enhanced it.

Guacamole recipe

1 medium avocado
1 plum tomato
1/4 small onion chopped
1tsp chopped fresh cilantro
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp cumin
1/4 tsp cayenne
1/4 tsp paprika
1/2 tsp salt
Juice of 1 lime


Chop tomatoes, onions, and cilantro, mash guacamole mix all ingredients. That's it.

You've got a natural, healthy snack for your kids and a delicious appetizer for any party.

Possibly not the best picture, but truthfully guacamole is not pretty.

Trader Joe's Veggie and Flax seed tortilla chips with guacamole.


Trader Joe's Veggie and Flax seed tortilla chips with carrots, tomatoes, spinach and more!

10 Health benefits of avocado
http://www.healthdiaries.com/eatthis/10-health-benefits-of-avocados.html

10 Health benefits of tomatoes
http://healthmad.com/nutrition/10-health-benefits-of-tomatoes/


Find me at Meet Penny's Weekend Pot Luck Link up!



Enjoy!

4 comments:

  1. Ahh! I was at the grocery yesterday and couldn't find a good avocado in the whole 3 bins they had! I started thinking I needed to just grow my own! So when I get to heaven I will have my mansion in a cave (so I can grow lots of mushrooms) but will neee sunlight for my avocado trees too!! :)
    I keep up with a lot of folks on my homeschool blog if anyone would like to check it out. Occasionally I will post my "extras" books on there too! Stop by and hit "like" Trying to get to 100 by the end of the week!!
    https://www.facebook.com/OneHomeschoolMom

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE guacamole too! I have to try this.

    We are also foodies!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love guacamole as well! Your recipe is very similar to mine, if you have great Avocados they need very little! Thanks so much for sharing at the Weekend Potluck, Have a terrific weekend!
    ~Kim

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin